Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has officially extended this year’s filing deadline for personal income tax to June 1, 2020.
Taxpayer will have until September 1, 2020 to pay their 2019 tax owing.
For more CRA information and updates, please go to https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency.html
For tax measures to help support Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic, please go to https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/campaigns/covid-19-update.html
In this unprecedented times, please stay safe and well by:
– practising social distancing by keeping at least 2 meters apart from each other;
– correctly washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
– don’t touch your face, nose and eyes;
– supporting your loved ones, friends and community by staying connected virtually;
– self isolate if you don’t feel well. Contact your health care provider by phone. Do not just show up at your doctor’s office, clinic or local hospital.
Lastly, a shout out and kudos to all the front line workers (including health, paramedics, police, fire fighters, supply chain workers, politicians of all stripes at all levels of government) who are working hard to keep us safe, fed and healthy.
Please take care of yourselves and do what you can in your community. We’re all in this together.