Can’t believe summer is almost over and Labour Day weekend is just around the corner. No doubt parents are busy getting their kids ready for back to school.
It is also one of the most lucrative time of the year, aside from Christmas, for retailers. No question we’re bombarded now with advertising to buy, buy, buy … on back to school deals!
Step back for a moment and give yourself space and time. Do not do too much impulse buying, especially with persuasive kids. Pause on your credit cards if there are things you can wait on buying until after mid-September. You’re bound to save when they go on sale after the back to school rush is over.
For example: –
1) wait for October sales on trendy back to school clothing. They will likely be on sale then;
2) many trendier items (like fashionable lunch bags) go out of favor very quickly. Resist the urge from your kids to buy now;
3) head to supermarkets to buy basic school supplies, along with your weekly grocery trips;
4) check out consignment stores, craigslist and garage sales to buy and sell good quality 2nd hand items;
5) stick to your shopping list;
6) stick to your budget.
It pays to be aware and prepared. You’ll be amazed with your saving results just by being pro-active with your back to school spending.